lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Prasad KVSH" <Prasad.Kokep...@ness.com>
Subject RE: lucene-3.0.3
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:02:36 GMT
Hi Everybody,

lucene-3.0.3. will handle outlook files, DOCX and .EXLX files while searching a text??

We have taken indexfiles.java and searchfiles.java from lucene-3.0.3\src folder, it is working
fine for PDF, txt, doc, excel, java, CSV files.

Thanks
Prasad

________________________________

From: Prasad KVSH [mailto:Prasad.Kokepudi@ness.com]
Sent: Wed 2/1/2012 10:23 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org; java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: lucene-3.0.3

Hi,

Please find our requirement and we trying to accomplish this.

Our client is looking for a Extended search engine like searching the given text inside the
documents like (PDF, Msg, Excel, XML, Word, TXT etc)  and return the list of file names where
it find the text. Using the return list we can populate them in User Interface after validating
with user access rights. Actually we have one image server in that there will be few folders
and sub folders, each folder will have may have 10,000 files.

so far we are search text for TXT files only using lucene-3.0.3.

Thanks

Prasad