lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject upgrading from 3.0.3 to 3.5.0
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 08:43:38 GMT
Hello all,

I am upgrading from 3.0.3 to 3.5.0.

1) NumberTools is deprecated. I am converting long to string and storing it in Index. Now
this is deprecated. If i replace this API with NumericUtils / NumericField, will it work for
existing index? Whether i need to rebuild the index?

2) I am using ParallelMultiSearcher. This is now deprecated. Whether i should use ParallelReader
/ IndexSearcher (reader, subreaders)?

3) Optimize method is deprecated. The help says "This method has been deprecated, as it is
horribly inefficient and very rarely justified. Lucene's multi-segment search performance
has improved over time, and the default TieredMergePolicy now targets segments with deletions."
This means usage of this method is not justified any more. I am doing optimization once per
day. Is that not required now.

Regards
Ganesh