lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From shyama <shyamasree_s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PayloadNearQuery and AveragePayloadFunction
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:50:14 GMT
Hi Peter
Thanks for your reply.
I guess I found the problem.

scorePayload function is only called for query terms. Problem was, when I
was retrieving payloads for each tokens in token stream, it was return
misleading payloads due to the fact that I did not skip TermPositions that
does not belongs to current document.

I still wonder, whether AveragePayloadFunction will consider query terms for
"payload seen so far", or all terms in current field of current document. I
will check this out. In my previous testing I found, it only considers query
terms.

Thanks again.
Shyama