lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Eck" <t...@terracottatech.com>
Subject query for documents WITHOUT a field?
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:58:46 GMT
My apologies if this answer is readily available someplace, I've searched
around and not found a definitive answer.

I'd like to run a query for documents that _do not_ contain particular
indexed fields to implement something like a SQL-like query where a column
is null.

I understand I could possibly use a magic value to represent "null", but
the data I'm searching doesn't led itself to reserving a value for null. I
also understand I could add an extra field to hold this boolean isNull
state but would love a better solution :-)

TIA