lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: RE: Date time as String or Numeric field
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:38:21 GMT
Hi,

The long or int size mostly only affects the size of e.g. FieldCache during
sorting (which doubles its size). The term dictionary's size depends on the
number of unique terms and that does not really change by the data type. The
size of the values is of minor importance because how the data is encoded on
disk.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler