lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Here a merge thread, there a merge thread ...
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 00:11:35 GMT
Lance,

There is no TieredMergeScheduler. You somehow confuse MergeSchedule with MergePolicy. TieredMergePolicy
is new, but has nothing to do with the problem here. The MergeScheduler executres the merges
serial (SerialMergeScheduler) or parallel (ConcurrentMergeScheduler, the default since long
time). The MergePolicy simply tells under which conditions and how segments are merged.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen