lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "dyzc" <1393975...@qq.com>
Subject Re: How NRTManagerReopenThread works with Java Executor framework?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 05:39:27 GMT
I am confused by the ES instance.

Is it used for reading indexes only, or for creating and executing runnable instances like
in my example?

From:  "Michael McCandless"<lucene@mikemccandless.com>;
Date:  Mon, Jan 16, 2012 02:53 AM
To:  "java-user"<java-user@lucene.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: How NRTManagerReopenThread works with Java Executor framework?

The ES is just passed through to the IndexSearchers that NRTManager
opens, so see IndexSearcher's javadocs.

But it's not clear how much passing an ES to IS really helps; you
should test yourself (and report back!).

Also, I wrote this blog post:

    http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/11/near-real-time-readers-with-lucenes.html

Describing NRTManager and SearcherManager in general...

Mike McCandless