lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "dyzc" <1393975...@qq.com>
Subject Re:Build RAMDirectory on FSDirectory, and then synchronzing the two
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 04:29:25 GMT
I'd better provide a snapshot of my code for people to understand my issues:

File file=new File("c:/index_files");
FSDirectory fsDir=new FSDirectory(file);
RAMDirectory ramDir=new RAMDirectory(fsDir, new IndexWriterConfig(Version.LUCENE_35, new StandardAnalyzer());

IndexWriter iw = new IndexWriter(ramDir, iwc);

......DO something here with iw (associated with ramDir).....

Now I am trying to synchronize ramDir with fsDir:

//close iw prior to synchronization
iw.close();

// synchronize RAM with FS
IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(fsDir,	new IndexWriterConfig(Version.LUCENE_35, ik));
writer.addIndexes(ramDir);
writer.close();
ramDir.close();

Now I end up with duplicate copies of index files in c:/index_files

Is there something that I miss here?