lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dave Seltzer <dselt...@tveyes.com>
Subject Searching a string using lucene
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:50:10 GMT
Hello,

I’m having a bit of trouble Googling this, so I’m hoping someone can point
me in the right direction.

We have a system which generates blocks of text which need to be searched
as they come in. I was hoping I could use Lucene’s query parser and
analyzer to search a block of text for a series of searches. This example (
http://javatechniques.com/blog/lucene-in-memory-text-search-example/ ) is
similar to what I want to do, only I’m only interested in searching one
document at a time.

Is my best bet to create an in-memory index, search it, and then throw it
away? Is this fast enough to do a hundred times a second?

Or am I better off using the Highlighter to find out if the document
contains a hit?

Or is there a third, more-awesome, way of doing this?

Thanks much!

-Dave