lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Using dismax features in Lucene
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:16:54 GMT

: The book said that dismax query was similar but different to
:
: DisjunctionMaxQuery

the dismax *parser* in Solr is relatively simple, the majority of the
code in it relates to parsing config options, reporting debugging, etc...

if you wanted to do something similar in non-Solr java code my personal
suggestion would be to just borrow the key ponts of the impl in your own code.

: and additionally did Phrase Boosting which I didnt think DisjunctionMaxQuery
: did.

the crux of the issue is that the "dismax" parser is named after the fact
that it heavily uses DisjunctionMaxQuery, constructing one for each
"clause" of user input, but things like the phrase boosting and function
boosting it supports are just other queries it takes and adds to the top
level boolean query it builds.  You can find a writeup i did on the
concept of the dismax parser at the link below...

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/DisMaxQParser.java?view=markup
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/util/SolrPluginUtils.java?view=markup

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMax
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2010/05/23/whats-a-dismax/