lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: [Bulk] RE: any tips for upgrading Lucene 3.0.3 -> 3.5.0?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 05:25:45 GMT

I am also in the way to upgrade from 3.0.3 to 3.5. Any other API changes we need to care about?
I use ParallelMultiSearcher.

Regards
Ganesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Uwe Schindler" <uwe@thetaphi.de>
To: <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 5:18 AM
Subject: [Bulk] RE: any tips for upgrading Lucene 3.0.3 -> 3.5.0?

No it will not, all index segments keep as they are. They are only upgraded to the new format
once they are merged to new segments (when e.g. adding new docs and a merge is triggered).
The IndexUpgrader is simply a forced merge of all segments that are on an older version (it's
implemented as a MergePolicy).