lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Carlton <carl...@sumologic.com>
Subject any tips for upgrading Lucene 3.0.3 -> 3.5.0?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:01:39 GMT
I'm hoping to upgrade Lucene on a local code base from 3.0.3 to 3.5.0; is
there a good guide out there for particular pitfalls that I should worry
about? I've skimmed the ChangeLogs; the mention of an index upgrade tool
made me wonder: has the index format changed between those versions? If so,
what's the best way to handle that without reindexing?  (I was assuming
that I'd be able to be careful about where I pass in VERSION_30 and where I
pass in VERSION_35, but looking through the current code, there actually
are basically no non-test situations where we pass in a version number at
all - e.g. we only use QueryParser for test code - so maybe I don't have to
worry about incompatibilities?) Any other gotchas that won't be obvious
from compilation failures and straightforward sanity check test failures?
(We do have tests that run basic queries on sample input.) Are there
intermediate versions that we should try, e.g. 3.0.3 -> 3.4.0 -> 3.5.0
instead of going straight from 3.0.3 to 3.5.0?

If it matters: the one unusual Lucene usage that we have is that we've
written our own Tokenizer.

Thanks for any pointers that people have.

--
David Carlton
carlton@sumologic.com