lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using character '%' in queries (Lucene v3.1.0)
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:36:48 GMT
Depending on your analyzer, this could well be stripped
from the input. Perhaps try using Luke to examine the
actual values in the index to see if it's there.

And the escape character for Lucene is the backslash.. See:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_1/queryparsersyntax.html#Escaping
Special Characters

Best
Erick