lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: BlockJoinQuery in text queries
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 18:24:23 GMT
I don't think there is one yet... it's [still] one of the limitations
I listed here:

  http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2012/01/searching-relational-content-with.html

But... if there were one, I don't think it would be user controllable.
 I think it's more of an up-front schema thing, eg you'd tell the
QueryParser that "if field X is requested by the user's query then
it's a field in a child doc and so you have to use BJQ to join to it".
 This way to the user it feels as if the fields are all fully
denomalized, and the joins are done "on demand" if needed...

Mike McCandless