lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Charlie Hubbard <charlie.hubb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use RAMDirectory more efficiently
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 19:56:22 GMT
You can always index into RAMDirectory for speed then synchronize those
changes to the disk by adding the RAMDirectory to a FSDirectory at some
point.  Here is a simple example of how to do that:

    public void save( RAMDirectory ram, File dir ) {
       FSDirectory fs = FSDirectory.open( dir );
       IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter( fs, ... );
       try {
            writer.addIndexes( ram );
       } finally {
             writer.close();