lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it necessary to create a new searcher?
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 17:05:20 GMT
The javadocs for oal.search.SearcherManager start "Utility class to
safely share IndexSearcher instances across multiple threads, while
periodically reopening."  The maybeReopen() method does what you would
expect and can be called from multiple threads.

Isn't that exactly what you need?  See also oal.search.NRTManager.

--
Ian.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM, dyzc2010 <zhoucheng2008@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out for me. I will change the code.
>

> My challenge is that I use a same reader for multiple threads. So if I have to close
a reader within a thread, the others may be affected. With that, what can I do within a thread
to reopen a new reader?