lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to load only part of index files on hard drive to ram
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:31:02 GMT
You could certainly run some warm up queries, but you can't tell
lucene which bits of an index to load into RAM.

There are a couple of classes in the org.apache.lucene.index contrib
section that can split indexes but I doubt they are relevant here.

Why the obsession with RAMDirectory?  In my experience it's best to
leave memory management to lucene and the OS.

--
Ian.