lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weightage of each word according to precedence in document
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:08:04 GMT
If you want particular search terms to be more important than others
you can use boosting.  See
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_5_0/queryparsersyntax.html#Boosting a
Term

If you want the order of matched terms to matter, see PhraseQuery or
SpanQuery.  The latter is more flexible. See
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/07/18/the-spanquery/ for a
good writeup.

And you can of course use combinations of everything.

--
Ian.