lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From findbestopensource <findbestopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing product keys with and without spaces in them
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:10:06 GMT
Hi Christoph

My opinion is, you should not normalize or do any modification to the
product keys. This should be unique. Should be used as it is. Instead of
spaces you should have only used "-" but since the product already out in
the market, it cannot help.

In your UI, You could provide multiple text box where user will fill
respective chars. You could add space or "-" before passing the key to
Lucene.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com - Finds best open source across all platforms.