lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple document types
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:08:04 GMT
hey Frank,

can you elaborate what you mean by different doc types? Are you
referring to an entity ie. a table per entity to speak in SQL terms?
in general you should get better responses for solr related questions
on solr-user@lucene.apache.org

simon

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Frank DeRose <fderose@guidewire.com> wrote:
> It seems that it is not possible to have multiple document types defined in a single
solr schema.xml file. If, in fact, this is not possible, then, what is the recommended app
server deployment strategy for supporting multiple documents on solr? Do I need to have one
webapp instance per document type? For example, if I am deploying under tomcat, do I need
to have a separate webapps each with its own context-path and set of config files (data-config.xml
and schema.xml, in particular)?