lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cheng <zhoucheng2...@gmail.com>
Subject queryParser.ParseException & Encountered "<EOF>"
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 04:39:14 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to use QueryParser for some chinese, but encountered the
following issues:

(1) org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Cannot parse '大众UP!':
Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 5.

the error seems to be the Chinese exclamation mark.

(2) org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Cannot parse '真功夫(小榄店)':
Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 8.

the error seems to be the Chinese right bracket (the left bracket is in
English).

I have searched this <EOF> error, and the solution seems to be rewrite a
Escape() function, which is beyond my capability.

How can I solve these issues in an easier way?

Thanks