lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using custom-separator in UpdateCSV ( in solr )
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 11:37:45 GMT
\t doesn't work in my shell as a tab replacement character.  And Solr doesn't expand this sort
of thing for you.

  $ echo "foo\tbar"
  foo\tbar

Try a real tab character instead.  Though more realistically you'll be using a file instead,
so you won't have to be concerned with a shell for this.

This thread really belongs on the solr-user though.

	Erik

On Jan 8, 2012, at 04:57 , prasenjit mukherjee wrote:

> I am trying to add document to a slor index via  :
>
> $> curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/update/csv?commit=true&fieldnames=id,title_s&separator=%09"
> --data "Doc1\tTitle1" -H 'Content-type:text/plain; charset=utf-8'
>
> Solr doesn't seem to recognize the \t in the content, and is failing
> with following error :

> <pre>    CSVLoader: input=null, line=0,expected 2 values but got 1
by