lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Frank DeRose <fder...@guidewire.com>
Subject RE: Multiple document types
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:05:28 GMT
Hi Simon,

No, not different entity types, but actually different document types (I think). What would
be ideal is if we could have multiple <document> elements in the data-config.xml file
and some way of mapping each different <document> element to a different sets of field
in the schema.xml file, and to a different index. Then, when Solr got a search request on
one url (say, for example, "http://172.24.1.16:8080/gwsolr/cc/doctype1/select/?q=..."), it
would search for a document in the first index and when it got a search request on a different
url (say, for example, "http://172.24.1.16:8080/gwsolr/pc/doctype1/select/?q=..."), it would
search for the document in the second index. In like manner, administrative tasks (like dataimport)
would also switch off of the url, so that the url would determine which index was to be loaded
by the dataimport command.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Willnauer [mailto:simon.willnauer@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:08 PM
To: java-user
Subject: Re: Multiple document types

hey Frank,

can you elaborate what you mean by different doc types? Are you
referring to an entity ie. a table per entity to speak in SQL terms?
in general you should get better responses for solr related questions
on solr-user@lucene.apache.org

simon

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Frank DeRose <fderose@guidewire.com> wrote:
> It seems that it is not possible to have multiple document types defined in a single
solr schema.xml file. If, in fact, this is not possible, then, what is the recommended app
server deployment strategy for supporting multiple documents on solr? Do I need to have one
webapp instance per document type? For example, if I am deploying under tomcat, do I need
to have a separate webapps each with its own context-path and set of config files (data-config.xml
and schema.xml, in particular)?