lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Using dismax features in Lucene
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:52:43 GMT
Just reading Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server and was interested in
pages 152, 153 dismax and DisjunctionMaxQuery and automatic Phrase
Boosting. I would like to incorporate this into a standard Lucene setup,
non solr, whats the best way to do that.

In fact I'm already doing something very similar in one case when a user
types in a query I convert the query to search over three different
fields with different boots because some fields are more important than
others, and if the search is multiple terms I search over both
individual fields and a phrase search, but I figure better to use
somthing that already exists

Paul