lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael-O <1983-01...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: AW: Boolean OR does not work as described
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:18:09 GMT
Anna Hunecke schrieb:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I think the problem is grouping. If you have a query A AND B OR C, it will be grouped
as A AND (B OR C) and not as you expected as (A AND B) OR C.
> Just put parentheses in your query and you get the result that you want.

Hi Anna,

This is it but the documentation is incomplete in that case or simply
erroneous. I expect boolean clauses to be implemented correctly or
marked as non-comparable. I will file a ticket about that.

In my case this is not trivial. I have a meta query language which suits
both SQL and Lucene. Our users can search either the index or an Oracle
database in a completely transparent way. I have to change the
parser/transformer for that.

Thanks,

Mike