lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Kaser <lucene_l...@iconparc.de>
Subject Re: Indexing product keys with and without spaces in them
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:05:38 GMT
Unfortunately, we don't have a designated field for product identifiers,
and the product identifiers are from various manufacturers. So it is
hard to normalize product keys, as we can't distinguish them from other
parts of the document.
Examples are xbox 360 (which might be searched as xbox360) or ipod
(which might be searched as i-pod).

We have about 100,000 products, so we might go with memory prefix matching.

I will give it a try!

Regards,
Christoph