lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Kaser <lucene_l...@iconparc.de>
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 08:44:27 GMT
Hello,

we use lucene as search engine in an online shop. The products in this
shop often contain product keys like CRXUSB2.0-16GB.
We would like our customers to be able to find products by entering
their key. The problem is that product keys sometimes contain spaces or
dashes and customers sometimes don't enter these whitespaces correctly.
On the other hand, some customers enter whitespaces where there are
none. Is there an analyzer or some other method that allows us to find
the product if the user enters things like:
- "CRX USB2.0 16GB"
- "CRXUSB2.016GB"
- "CRX USB-2.0 16GB"

The problem is that the product keys don't all have a common format and
are contained in the normal text, so we don't have an easy way to treat
them different to the rest of the text.

Any help would be great!

Best regards,
Christoph