lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 1983-01...@gmx.net
Subject Inheritance heirarchy in the contrib-queryparser package
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 10:40:09 GMT
Hi folks,

I was recommended to use PrecedenceQueryParser if I want boolean precedence in my queries.
While examining this class, I have noticed that it and its super class do not extend the QueryParser
but have a separate implementation/hierarchy. All other parsers in that package do extend
the QueryParser.
Is there a good reason for? This rather problematic in my case because I do override some
of the protected methods (e.g. getRangeQuery) in the QueryParser class.

Thanks,

Mike