lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Olson <da...@proxemx.com>
Subject extractterms Output
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:36:39 GMT
Hi all - thanks in advance for any help...

I have an app that aggregates keyword performance through incoming messages.
A message comes in, I index it, search the index, and the output the
performance. The two things I'm playing with are either parse the output
from searcher.explain() or iterating through term fequencies.

Typical query is: "Chef's knife" OR basil OR banana OR "frying pan"

Explain gets me what I need, but the output would have to be parsed to get
the relevant bits. I see the weight and occurences for all three of the
above.

If go through term fequencies, extractterms splits the terms as Chef's,
knife, basil, banana, frying, pan. So, I can get an accurate hit, but term
counts are registered individually.

I had heard that using explain could be slow when things start to scale up,
so I'd rather not have to build a parser to get what I want (or hack the
explanation class).

Why does extractterms do that, even though the search worked on the compound
terms?

-David-