lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Does Fuzzy Search scores the same as Exact Match
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:31:26 GMT

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Maybe I was not clear, it should score "farming" higher than "farmin" by
default, but the default rewrite mode also takes TF/IDF into account (in
addition). You can change that by a different rewrite method:

The default is: http://goo.gl/JhHOA (which combines the standard vector
model with additionally boosting exact matches - we have that for backwards
compatibility only, its not what most users expect)

The better one is: http://goo.gl/0eJ47, which does not take TF/IDF into
account and only boosts by levensthein distance.

You can disable fuzzy boosting altogether:
Additionally http://goo.gl/VWlkW provides two other scoring models (TF/IDF
only, no boosting - or constant score at all)

Uwe