lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Hasselbaum <...@hasselbaum.net>
Subject Mixing norms and no norms in the same document
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:44:11 GMT
Hi. I'm indexing about 20,000 documents that could potentially have a few
thousand fields with the same field name. I've read in the mailing list
archives that there is no hard limit to the number of fields in a document,
but that storing norms can be a problem because of the RAM overhead.

I don't plan to boost documents or this particular set of like-named
fields, so I think I can index them with ANALYZED_NO_NORMS. But will this
cause a problem with scoring if I want to boost other fields in the same
document?

Thanks!