lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From KARTHIK SHIVAKUMAR <nskarthi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index inside of a web app?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 04:04:16 GMT
Hi

>> generated Lucene index

What if u need to upgrade this with More docs....

Best approach is Inject the Real path of the Index ( c:/temp/Indexes )  to
the Web server Application via "web.xml"

By this approach u can even achieve

1) Load balancing of multiple Web servers.... pointing to same Index files
2) Update /Delete /Re-index with out the Web application being interrupted

with regards
Karthik