lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Josh Stone <pacesysj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene to match document sets to each other
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:53:35 GMT
Thanks for the response Donna. That would make more sense, but the items
I'm pulling in from the web contain large bodies of text (descriptions)
whereas the products in my catalog consist of shorter fields such as
product name, manufacturer, product code, etc. So using the smaller fields
from my catalog to build queries against the larger fields in the items I
pull in seems to be the only way to do things (that I can think of).

And this brings up my exact problem. I have a document (set of fields) that
I want to use as search criteria for a search against another set of
documents. Can something like this be done?

Cheers,
Josh