lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cheng <zhoucheng2...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't get a hit
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:26:54 GMT
Hi,

I need to save a list of records into an index on hard drive. I keep a
writer and a reader open till the end of the operation.

My issue is that I need to compare each of the new records with each of the
records that have been saved into the index. There are plenty of duplicate
records in the original list.

To my surprise, I can't find a hit for a duplicate record on the fly
although I use the writer.commit() for every record that were being saved.

However, if I intentionally stopped the operations (some of the records
being saved), I re-ran the list of records and lots of hits occurs.

Please help!

Thanks!