lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karich <peat...@yahoo.de>
Subject Lucene 4.0 questions, was: shift bug in possibly invalid use of NumericTokenStream
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:03:12 GMT
Hi Uwe,

thanks for the talk suggestion(s)*.

I was using it for faster term lookups of a long 'id'. How would this be
done with 4.0? Before I did it via Term:

new Term(fieldName, NumericUtils.longToPrefixCoded(longValue));

How should I generally do "term lookup" in 4.0 as you said in the video
that 'Term' gets removed somewhen :)? What is the most recommended way
and what is the fastest? Or where can I find "most recent" code in
lucene tests to be used as an example?

I also heard the suggestion to use the pulsing codec for id retrieval**.
Is this the correct way nowadays to achive this:

indexWriterCfg.setCodec(new Lucene40Codec() {
   @Override public PostingsFormat getPostingsFormatForField(String field) {
       if("_id".equals(field)) return new Pulsing40PostingsFormat();
       else ?
   }});

Regards,
Peter.