lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 4.0 Index Format Finalization Timetable
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 14:02:48 GMT
My personal view, as a bystander with no more information than you, is
that one has to assume there will be further index format changes before
a 4.0 release.  This is based on the number of changes in the last 9
months, and the amount of activity on the dev list.

For us the implication is we need to stick w/3.x for now.  You might be
in a different situation if you really need the 4.0 changes.  Maybe you
can just stick w/the current trunk and take responsibility for patching
critical bugfixes, hoping you won't have to recreate your index too many
times...

-Mike