lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jordon Saardchit <>
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 22:03:48 GMT
Just checking if this is a known issue or if I should report it.

I have a MultiReader made up of 3 different indexes.  If changes are made to either of the
3 underlying indexes, isCurrent() returns false (correctly) on said MultiReader.  However,
if I use the method IndexReader.openIfChanged() on the MultiReader, a new MultiReader is returned
(it does NOT return null), but its isCurrent() method is still reporting false.  Also, a search
using this new MultiReader doesn't not see the index changes (deletes and additions).  I have
to explicitly close the MultiReader and open it again to see changes, but the documentation
states this is an inefficient way of refreshing readers.

I assumed someone must have run into this before?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message