lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael S├╝dkamp <Michael.Suedk...@docware.de>
Subject [OT] editing index with Luke question
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:45:32 GMT
Hi,

I know the Luke tool for browsing a Lucene index. From the description and the GUI I think
it's also possible to edit  index. But I have problems with that and I wonder if someone can
help with this.
What I did in Luke 3.4.0_1 is:
- open an index
- search for term -> get a list of matching documents
- double click on a document -> document details are shown
- click button "reconstruct & edit" -> dialog "Edit document" opens
- change a field or path or ...
- click button "Add to index" or "Delete old & add"
- click menu file / commit changes -> red text in status line : "no changes - commit ignored"
- if I repeat the search, the document does not contain my changes

Best regards

Michael