lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: ElasticSearch
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:57:54 GMT

: > Maybe someone can post the equivalent query in ElasticSearch?
:
: I don't think it's possible.  Hoss threw in the kitchen sink into his
: "contrived' example.

exactly ... i have no idea if that type of query is possible with ES, but
it was not intended to be an example of a "typical" Solr query -- or even
a useful query -- it was a deliberately contrived example of a complex and
"deep" query structure that could be crafted using nested query params and
variable refs.

There's nothing stoping us from having an XML or JSON based query langauge
(patches welcome!), but my point was you can already express quite a bit
of complexity and nuance in Solr queries OOTB today.

-Hoss