lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zh...@BroadVision.com>
Subject Boost more recent document
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:59:50 GMT
Hi,

We need to boost document which is more recent (each doc has time stamp attribute). It seems
that
we cannot use doc boost at index time because it will be condensed into one byte (cannot differentiate
365 days), so we may use payload (save time stamp as payload) to boost at search time.

In our app we let user enter query at browser and use QueryParser to generate query, the query
can
be different types (TermQuery, BooleanQuery, WildcardQuery, ...), then it seems we need to
create
each customized query class similar to PayloadTermQuery, is there another simpler way?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng