lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phonetic search with Lucene 3.2
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 13:33:06 GMT

On Nov 9, 2011, at 05:11 , Felipe Carvalho wrote:

> Can I use Solr as a lib, like Lucene? My company is not willing to install
> a Solr server... =/

That's too bad.  What's the rationale for that decision?  A large number of big big companies
are deploying on Solr quite happily.  I just taught a Solr class here at ApacheCon with attendees
from several recognized company names.  One attendee has already scaled to billions of documents!

But yes, you can run Solr as a library using EmbeddedSolrServer.  It operates much like Lucene
in that regard in terms of having an API to index documents and search, with configuration
being done with Solr's schema, etc mechanisms.

	Erik