lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christian Reuschling <christian.reuschl...@gmail.com>
Subject Numeric field min max values
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 19:19:04 GMT
Hi,

maybe it is an easy question - I searched over the lucene-user
archive, but sadly didn't found an answer :(

I currently change our field logic from string- to numeric fields.
Until now, I managed to find the min-max values of a field by
iterating over the field with a TermEnum
(termEnum = reader.terms(new Term(strFieldName, ""));).

Now, in the case of a numeric field, I get some strange field values
as "$)A M`" - I guess this could be a low-precision token from the
field trie?

Is there a special way to iterate over numeric field values? Or is
there a possibility to get the trie and ask him for the min-max
values? Or another (util)-class?

Thanks for all answers!

Chris