lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quoted search on Analyzed fields
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:31:17 GMT
if you use standardanalyzer it will break "john doe" into 2 tokens and
form a phrase query.
if you want to do phrase queries, don't set the indexoptions to
DOCS_ONLY. otherwise they won't work.

if what you want is for "john doe" to only be 1 term without
positions, then use KeywordAnalyzer, and DOCS_ONLY is then ok because
you don't need any positions.

--
lucidimagination.com