lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modify Field.Index.NO to Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:37:02 GMT
In addition to Peter's comment, changing future documents to
Field.index.NOT_ANALYZED won't affect your current documents.

If (and only if) you stored all your data, you could conceivably
read through your entire index and re-index into another
location and have your PK available. *BUT* the only data you
have available to put in your new documents is in fields for
which Field.Store.YES was specified, fields that were
indexed-only don't have any way to recover the original
data that isn't lossy.

Best
Erick