lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filtering search results
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:49:54 GMT
You might take a look at grouping, aka field collapsing. Faceting gives
you counts for various values in a field, but not a mixture of documents,
whereas grouping will return you the top N members of each group
which sounds like what you're after.

Best
Erick

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:
> Running two queries is fine, as is looping through the results list.
> I don't think it is clear that one in necessarily "better" than the
> other.  Faceting generally works by looping through results because
> you typically don't know in advance what values will be present.
>
> --
> Ian,
>

> 2011/11/21 liugangc <liugangc@gmail.com>:
>> hi,faceted search is like group by in SQL, and also need query two time to get two
list in your situation. I think there isn't  better way to solve your problem.