lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to create text index reader for .frq file
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:33:32 GMT
Here's a useful page:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_2/fileformats.html#file-names

>From that doc: "Contains the list of docs which contain each term
along with frequency"

which means that virtually any code path that calculates TF/IDF, i.e.
anything that
calculates relevancy will want this file. Or anything that tries to
analyze phrases.

It's really hard to understand why this file would disappear. My
suspicion is that
your client is somehow deleting it. But it's really hard to figure this kind
of thing out when you don't have access to the machine.

I can say that this hasn't been seen by other people that I know of,
and if it was it'd
be given lots of attention.

Best
Erick