lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tobias Knaup <t...@knaup.me>
Subject Filter for excluding docs in a date range
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 21:55:29 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to come up with a filter that works for the following problem:
My documents each have a set of dates, and I need a filter that excludes
all documents that have a date within a given range.

My first stab at it was to index the dates in a NumericField, one value per
date, and use a range filter negated by a BooleanFilter.
I tried NumericRangeFilter and FieldCacheRangeFilter, but they both don't
seem to support multiple numeric fields.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Tobi