lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene pagination
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:39:20 GMT
Also, in 3.5.0 there is a new API in IndexSearcher: searchAfter.

It enables you to efficiently collect hits only after the previous
last page's last hit.

It should be faster, in proportion to how deeply you page... but most
apps do not need to do deep paging so simply collecting all hits up
through page N and paginating afterwards is fine.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com