lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nilesh Vijaywargiay <nilesh.vi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to create text index reader for .frq file
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:22:37 GMT
Hi Erick,

Last time, processing the case again on a different box didn't give the
missing file error. But now, after two months, we see this again. We are
using lucene 2.x and java 1.x I believe.

I am wondering as to why does lucene need this .frq file as we have never
seen this issue in house, but only at customers place. Is it optional and
if yes, how can I avoid lucene using it? We do not have access to the index
thus finding difficult to understand the core reason.

Do you know which code path in lucene triggers this demand for .frq file?

Thanks
Nilesh