lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: highlighter by using term offsets
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:44:16 GMT
OK, so you've ruled out one possible cause.  Progress!

But if you're getting NPE on line 274 and line 274 reads

TermPositionVector tpv =
(TermPositionVector)reader.getTermFreqVector(hits[i].doc,"contents");

then something is null where it shouldn't be.  Rule out everything you
can and what is left should be the culprit.  Basic low-tech debugging,
step by step.

If you really can't figure it out, post the smallest possible totally
self-contained unit test or program that demonstrates the problem.
And tell us which version of lucene you are using.

--
Ian.